In this article we will see how we can enhance our slides and presentations by adding Video backgrounds that will appeal any audience without any additional tool and extra addon.
For this you will however need a 365 subscription. If you do not have a 365 subscription you can purchase it online via office.com.
Adding a Video background gives you a lot to make your presentation better and look good and even helps you with the informative sector of the presentation.
There are two different ways you can use to add video background to the presentation. Here is how you can do it.
- Open PowerPoint and Create a new Presentation.
- On the main window, Under the Home tab, on the right side > Click Design Ideas button.
- A right pane with a lot of design Ideas and templates for your Presentation will appear.
- On the top of the pane, the first design idea will have a video background.
- Click on the design idea that has video background incorporated in it. And it will be applied to your slide.
- Now you can add your Content and slide items on top, over the slide and presentation.
- Once you preview the presentation the video will play in loop and the videos added from the design ideas pane will play in loop and the videos are designed in a way that the loop video does not seem to be in loop.
You can also control the playback and controls for the video background by simply selecting the video background and the new tab “Playback” and “Video Format” option. There are options where you can choose the auto-play option, volume of the video, loop option and many other options to customize your video background.
Another way of adding a video background is by simply Adding video from the insert tab. You can add video from online platforms and the latest option of adding video from stock videos that have been designed for the video background purpose is also under the Insert video tab.
Stock Videos have a massive collection of videos in high quality that you can use in your presentation for free and without any addition pricing and amount to be paid. This opens up a vast number of possibilities to make your presentation look good without any effort. Under the stock videos there are categories that will let you insert icons, Cutouts, Stickers, videos and Illustrations.
You can also resize the video according to the area you want to cover in the slide or set it to full slide to make sure that it will cover up all the slide.
You can also change the shape from the Format option and give it different frames and edges to the video background. You can add or change video shape, effects, Change video border and add alt text too. This gives you more customization options.
Make sure that the video background that you have just added is always behind all the new layers that you are going to apply and add. The video layer should be the bottom most layer and you can click ALT F8 to see the layers and all other options related to layers.
This feature is available in PowerPoint on the latest 365. That can be availed from online official website at www.office.com.