Discord is one of the most famous VoIP, Chatting, and sharing platforms among gamers as it provides easy-to-use services for gamers to stream their media to share it along with their watchers. Discord is not new but has gained popularity in recent times.
Many errors and bugs are going around with Discord, and one of them is the No route Error, Which is important for every discord user. However, this error can be fixed by yourself.
What is the No Route Error?
There are reasons why this error might be occurring and creating a problem for you. Here is what might have happened.
- The IP assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider has been changed, or you might have manually changed the IP address. It might be a reason for your VPN, and you can simply switch on and Off the Router or Modem. In some cases restarting your PC can also fix this.
- Your Antivirus or Firewall might be blocking Discord, and You will need to manually allow Discord to run on your Device. Otherwise, the Antivirus will not allow connection with the outgoing server.
- In cases where you are on a network in your school or office, and you have a network admin, The network admin might be blocking access to the Discord Servers.
- The Voice region of the server is not compatible with your client; you can fix that by simply changing the region of the voice server.
- Make sure your network is supporting the Quality of Service High Packet Priority. This can be disabled from the Voice & Video settings.
Fixing the Error
Restart your Computer/Modem/Router.
Un-install any Firewall or whitelist Discord in the antivirus firewall settings.
You can remove it from Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
VPN, remove it or Use the UDP connection in VPN (if available).
However, if you want to keep using the VPN, there is an option to use Discord over UDP (user datagram protocol). If your VPN supports UDP, you can configure it to use it.
Your Network Admin is blocking you.
In the properties tab under the General Tab, change the Obtain DNS Server Automatically to Use the following DNS server addresses and set the value of Preferred DNS server to 8 8 8 8 and the value of Alternate DNS server to 8 8 4 4. Click ok to apply the changes.
Restart your computer and check if the error is gone and the Server connects. However, if the problem still persists, you can check the below method to fix it.
The Voice region of the server needs to be changed.
Turn Off QoS (Quality of Service).
> Open Discord, Click on the Gear icon for settings.
> Under the app settings, click on the Voice and Video Option.
> Scroll down to Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority is disabled, and turn it off.
Now Restart Discord. The error must be gone.