Whether you’re a veteran gamer or new to the scene, you may find that trying to launch Epic Games launch screen may come up with a familiar issue. This would be the black screen that could possibly throw you into a panic at most or frustration at the least. Luckily for you, there’s no need to sweat over this, as there are some fixes that’ll help you get back into your game!
For the most part, you won’t have to try each one. Start with the first one and work your way down until one of these fixes cures your black screen problem.
Screen Resolution Reset
- To reset the screen, right-click on the black screen and select Display Settings.
- Scroll to Display Resolution and click the down arrow and choose the 1280 X 768 resolution.
Reopen the launcher to see if it loads correctly.
Run the Epic Games Launcher as the Admin
Running everything as the admin will usually do the trick. Follow these steps for this fix.
- Right-click on the Epic Game launcher shortcut on your desktop. Select Run as Administrator.
After you do this, relaunch and see if the screen is black; if not, then game on! If it is, try the next fix.
Update the Driver for Your Graphics
Check if your drivers need updating. This might be the issue causing your black screen. This can fix performance issues and improve gameplay.
- Manual updates mean going to your graphics card’s official website, finding the specific driver for the Windows version you’re using, and downloading manually. After that, you can install by following on-screen instructions.
- Automatic updates are highly recommended and make things faster and more efficient. Make sure you update everything for better efficiency.
Adjust the Compatibility Mode
This is a tested fix for many gamers.
- Right-click on Epic Game’s launcher shortcut on your desktop. Select Properties.
- Select Compatibility and check the Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For Box and select Windows 8. After this, check Disable Fullscreen Optimizations. Once done, click Apply, then OK.
Now reopen the launcher and see if you still have the black screen or not.
Run the Compatibility Troubleshooter
This helps finds the cause of the problem and hopefully fix it!
- Right-click on Epic Game’s launcher shortcut. Select Properties.
- After that, select the Compatibility tab and click Run Compatibility Troubleshooter. Uncheck all boxes under the Compatibility tab as well.
- The Program Compatibility Troubleshooter window will pop us. Click Try Recommended Setting.
- Click Test The Program. Once you do, you’ll be redirected to the Epic Games Launcher.
- Go back to the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter and click Next.
If you no longer have the black screen, then choose Yes, save these settings for this program. If not, select No, try again using different settings.
- Uncheck The program worked earlier in Windows but won’t install or run now. Check the box; the program opens but doesn’t display correctly. Once done, click Next.
- Check, an Error message saying the problem needs to run in 256 colors or 8-bit color mode. Once done, click Next.
- Check Yes, try again using a different setting. After that, click next.
- Click, Test the Program, then next.
- Click Yes, save these settings for this program.
Now, your issue should be fixed. If not, you may need to allow the launch through your firewall, change your DNX serve to a Google Public DNS, flush your DNS cache, change the high DPI settings, use a VPN, or reinstall the launcher. The above fixes should help you out. Happy gaming!