Let’s Get Started with Office and Microsoft 365
What can we help you with
This step-by-step guide shows how you can install and set up Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 with office.com/setup or Microsoft365.com/setup. Microsoft Office 2019 and Microsoft 365 is a productivity suite that includes Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, Skype, and Many Other Applications.
Sign In, Install and Setup Office with office.com/setup
- Go to office.com/setup and Sign In.
Visit the office.com/setup webpage. This is the Official Office Setup website. Click on the Sign In button. Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with any Microsoft Services like XBOX, Windows, Skype, or any other Microsoft Service. If you are new to Microsoft Services you can click on the Create a New Account.
- Enter your Product Key, Select Country and Language, Hit next.
Enter and add your 25 alphanumeric combinations of the Product key without the hyphens. Your product key will be available in the email or the retail card.
- Click Install, Select your Version to Download.
Now your Product key will be added to your Account page and select your Office product and click Install. Now you will be able to select the version of Office you want to install according to your Operating system version. Save and Run the office.exe or Office.msi file. Depending on your browser you can click Save and Run to automatically run the Office Installation wizard.
- Run Installation wizard.
Run the installation file from the Downloads folder. Double Click setup32.exe for a 32-bit operating system or setup64.exe for 64 Bit Operating System. A prompt will appear asking you for permission to allow the installation to make changes to the device. Click Accept to start the Installation.
- The installation will Begin, Click Continue and wait for Installation to Finish.
Once the installation has started, click Continue, and your Installation will start. Wait for the installation to finish.
- Click Close, Start Apps. Installation Complete.
Once the installation is finished you can now go to Start>Office and open any Microsoft Office app like Word. Accept the Office License and Agreement. Your Office setup is complete and Finished.
- Go to the Office setup webpage, www.office.com/setup.
Open your Browser and Enter URL www.office.com/setup and hit enter.
- You can use your Microsoft Account to Sign In or You can create a New One.
Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with Microsoft Office, you can also use any Microsoft Account associated with any Microsoft Service like Skype, Xbox, Outlook, or Live.
- On your Account page, Click Install Office.
Once signed in you will find an Install Office button on your Office Account page, click the button and a drop-down will appear.
- Select your Preferred Version from the Dropdown.
Clicking on the Install Office button will open a drop-down menu with Options of Office Versions. You need to click on the preferred Version.
- Click Install Again to Download Office Setup.
Click Install and now you will be able to Save and Run the office setup file. Depending on your browser you can click Save and Run to automatically run the Office Installation wizard. Your Office setup file will begin downloading.
- Run Installation wizard.
Open the Finder app in your Mac’s Dock. Click Downloads on the left side of the Finder window. Double-click the Office setup file. It will open up a prompt to begin running.
- The installation will Begin, Follow setup.
- Installation and Setup Complete.
Once the Installation is finished Click Close. Your Microsoft Office programs have now been installed.
How to Purchase Office or Microsoft 365
There are many ways to purchase Office. You can buy Office from a local store and online, Here is how you can do it online.
- Go to the official Office website at www.office.com from your browser.
- Click on the Get Office button.
- Compare and Choose your Plan according to your budget and usage.
- Click on the Buy Now button under the Plan you want to purchase.
- Now, Sign In to your Office Account or Create a new one if you don’t have one.
- Once Signed In, click Next to select and add a payment method.
- Add your payment method and click Save. You will be able to use the payment method for future purchases and recurring payments too.
- Once the payment is made, your Office purchase is Successful.
How to Install Office Updates
Office support and Updates have ended for Office 2003, Office 2007. Updates are available for Office 2010, Office 2013, Office 2019, and Never Versions. Here is how you can Install Updates on your device.
- Open any Office application like Word.
- On the top Menu, Click File.
- Now, Click on the Account button.
- You will find Update Options under Product Information.
- Under Update Options, Click Update now.
- If there are any updates available. Office will install them automatically.
- Once you see You’re up to date. Click Close. You have updated your Office.
You can also manually download Office updates for Office 2010 and newer from Office website.
Uninstall Office on Windows
If you want to Uninstall Office from your Windows Computer, Follow the step-by-step guide.
- Close everything open on your Windows pc.
- Now, Click on the Start menu,
- Type, Add or Remove Programs and hit enter.
- In the App or Remove Program windows, Scroll down and find your Office Application or Applications.
- Click on the app once and it will expand to show the options.
- Now click on the Uninstall button.
- Click Uninstall Again in the appeared Pop Up.
- Follow on-screen Instructions and wait for the uninstallation process to finish.
Note: Make sure there is no other application installation or uninstallation going before you try to install or uninstall any new application. Also, Make sure to take a backup of your work and files that you have done using Microsoft Office.
Microsoft 365 Subscription pricing
Microsoft 365 has diversified plans based on subscriptions. You can purchase Microsoft 365 according to your needs. The best plan that suits you can be purchased for a month or a year depending on your choice. The most basic plan goes for $6.99 per month for personal, 1 person usage, and for the family, it goes for $9.99/Month for 6 people. These plans are also available to be paid for a year.
These plans include premiums apps and extra cloud service One Drive storage of 1 TB per person.
Find your Product Key
If you have Purchased office from Microsoft Store
Activating Pre-Installed Office
To activate your pre-install Microsoft Office, make sure your Operating System is Activated. Also, make sure that you are connected to the Internet throughout the Activation Process.
Here is how you can activate your Office.
- Launch any Office App from your app menu (start menu).
- To start the Activation Process, Sign In with your Microsoft Account, this option is also available in your Account menu of the opened Office app.
- If you do not have a Microsoft Account, click Create a new Account to Create one and Sign In.
- Once Signed In, click on the Activate Office button.
- Enter your Product key.
- And Follow on-screen prompts.
- Once you are done with the Process, your Office will be activated.
Renew with Online purchase
Renew with Product key
Share your Office Subscription
Share by invitation
What is office.com/setup?
office.com/setup is the official Office Setup website under the primary parent office.com website.
One of the main use of the office.com/setup website is to let Office users Sign In and Activate their product key. After you enter the product key, your Purchased product will be added to your My Account page for users to download and setup on their Mac or PC.
- Go to office.com/setup webpage.
- Sign In with your Microsoft Account.
- New User can Create a New Account.
- Enter Product Key.
- Select Country/Region and Language, If Prompted.
- Select Subscription, Click Install Office.
- Select your preferred option to Install.
- Download and Run Office Setup.
- Accept Prompts to Begin Installation.
- Wait for Office to Finish Installation.
- You’re all done, Office is Installed, Open Apps.
Before installing Office, Know the Requirements
Installing Office is easy but before you begin the Office Installation on your Mac or Windows Computer, Make sure your device meets these requirements.
- 2 Core with minimum clock speed of 1.6 GHz in Windows OS
- All MAC OS Running Intel or MAC M1 Processors
- A minimum of 2 GB Ram on Windows and 4 GB on MAC OS
- 4 GB on Windows and 10 GB of available disk space on MAC OS
- 1280 x 768 screen resolution or Higher
- DirectX 9 or later on Windows.
- All latest browsers
- .NET 3.5 or 4.6 and higher should be Installed on windows OS
- Windows 10, 8.1, Server 2019, Server 2016. All Latest MAC OS
- Internet Connection
Frequently Asked Questions
Office 365, a subscription-based Microsoft Office productivity suite, launched in 2011, with a basic plan for Home for 9.99$ Month, was a new start for the Microsoft Office program.
It changed the way productivity suites are put together. Recently Microsoft changed the name of Office 365 to Microsoft 365 with significant updates, The new features in Microsoft 365 Version 16.0.13801.20266 released in February include:
New features on Mac
- Dictation Toolbar: You can easily dictate your documents and emails in Word and Outlook. With auto punctuation and commands, Your productivity is more effortless now.
- New Languages: Dictate is now beneficial with seven new languages: Hindi, Russian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Korean, Thai, Chinese (Taiwan).
- Block unwanted Senders: In Outlook, block all the unwanted email senders.
- Yahoo for Outlook: Add your Yahoo Account and check your messages from your Yahoo account on your Outlook.
Latest Features for Windows
- Modern Comments with better collaboration and teamwork, You can now send and mention your co-authors and Team Members in Word. This will help with teamwork and co-author. You will have more control over the Comments now.
- Built-in Translator: Now, you don’t need to worry about any language you can not understand. In Outlook, Breaking the Language barrier with the translator is now live with the February release.
- Diagrams: In Visio, You can now have an extensive library of icons, stock photo images, cutout people, and stickers that you can add to your Drawings.
- Dictation: You can now dictate in 7 new languages: Hindi, Russian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Korean, Thai, Chinese (Taiwan).
- Mini toolbar: Powerpoint has the new Mini toolbar with three additional buttons showing up the most recent tools you have used.
- Immersive Reader: With the Immersive reader, you can now customize the font style and color, and much more.
Many additional features have been added to other different apps of Microsoft 365. And many other features have been added to Office for iOS and Android.
Soon on More Networks for office.com/setup