If you are a long-time fan of Microsoft Office, then you’ll be excited about the latest addition for 2021. This year, Microsoft is taking gits productivity suite in a whole new direction. This means the favorites of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint will be part of the standalone product. Whether you’re a consumer or a business, Microsoft Office will help you reach a new level of productivity. Office 2021 will be available to small businesses and individuals at retail outlets and online for ease of use and download. This standalone product is sure to be a hit for many who are turned off from the past subscription plans.
If you loved the features in the past, then these new ones will add to your excitement and help you plan how you can use them. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy with this latest addition to Microsoft Office 2021.
- Perpetual Licensing: With this latest version, you’ll only have one single payment to make with no ongoing subscription. This is an official replacement for the 2019 version.
- It will include Word 2021, Excel 2021, and PowerPoint 2021. Depending on which package you decide on, you could have Outlook 2021, Access 2021, and Publisher 2021. OneNote is also included, but nothing has changed since its 2019 version.
- When using Excel, you’ll have the use of Dynamic Arrays and XLOOKUP().
- There will be a Dark Mode support
- Word’s Immersive Reader will have an added Line Focus feature.
- You’ll be able to record narration with a PowerPoint slide show.
- There will also be performance and accessibility improvements
You may see other features added before its initial release. Still, you’ll have to wait for the Microsoft 365 plans to get the most benefits out of Microsoft. However, it’ll be available for both Windows and MacOS.
Pricing and Pros and Cons
One of the pros is the perpetual license that comes with the initial cost. While this may be seen as a good thing for some, the lack of patches and support may shy a few consumers away after five years. Costs for the perpetual license won’t change from Office 2019. The Office Home and Student edition 2021 will be US $149.99, while the Office Home and Business 2021 edition will be the US $249.99. Microsoft doesn’t plan to change the price at release time, which is excellent for that budgeting on the same price as earlier versions.
Microsoft Office 2021 and its predecessors have been named the number one office productivity suite of all time. This newer version of Office should be available by the end of 2021, if not sooner. However, given its rate of release dates from past products, you might see an arrival around September, like both 2016 and 2019.
Microsoft believes in its commitment to you, its customer, as they work to fuel the future with cloud-based productivity software. While Office 2021 isn’t cloud-based, you will still see that level of Microsoft’s level of commitment. This software is more innovative than before. It will help you take your work to another level with new and improved features to help your business or life run smoothly.